I am bombarded by fictional vampires every day. With the success of countless books (Twilight, The Southern Vampire Mysteries, etc.), movies (Twilight, An Interview With a Vampire, etc.) and TV Shows (True Blood, The Vampire Diaries, Being Human, etc.) I see vampires all around as I keep hearing about vampires and their lifestyles everyday over both the TV and the internet.
Yesterday was Halloween, I knew if I was to dress up as any creature I would have gone as a vampire, not only because it’s easy (all you need is a fake teeth – maybe a cape too if you want to be the “THE VAMPIRE”), but also because I like them.
This got me wondering what would it be like to be a vampire, will life be better or will it just be the same or will life be uninteresting. This is why I have a compiled the Pros and Cons of being a vampire below:-
Pros of being a vampire:-
1. You can live forever if you are careful.
2. You will be a lot more powerful than a regular human being.
3. You will look young forever – you won’t age – both internally and externally.
4. You can hypnotize and compel others to do things for you with ease.
5. Your blood will have the ability to heal your friends.
Cons of being a vampire:-
1. You can’t venture out into the sunlight as it will destroy you. No more walks in the beautiful sunlight or lying in it for a tan. If you want to do anything good you will have to set out only at night – unless you find a country where the sun hardly shines.
2. Living forever can also be a disadvantage as all your friends and your family will age, but you won’t. You will have to make new friends year after year, unless you have only other vampire friends. Also, living for that long could make life extremely boring as you will run out of interesting things to do.
3. You will have to give up the joy of eating any food as all you can feed on and digest is blood. This could be a cruel thing to do too. If you’re a good person you won’t enjoy feeding on others blood.
4. You could become a cruel being, feared by, and isolated from others.
So what do you think after reading the pros and cons? Would you like to be a vampire?
I myself am not sure yet. Some of the pros encourage me and some of the cons discourage me. I might have to do a lot of thinking before I decide.
Click on the comics to view a larger version
What about you – would you like to be a vampire or not? Do you see any other pros or cons? Would love to hear your thoughts? Please leave your comments in the comments box below.